Welcome to Gunn Behind The Scenes. Here I'll be hitting you up with all the work in progress stuff, sketches and things like that. Feel free to leave comments or crits, just make sure to be respectful. Thanks for stopping by, come back again soon and tell a friend.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

New York Comic Con 2007 Feb 23rd – 25th

For those of you who don't know, this was the second year of the New York Comic Con. It was a great show. I had lots of fun of course, but before I get into all that, I want to say thanks to all those who came by the table and hung out, bought some books, sketches and prints. You all made this year's con a great experience.

Day 1 - Friday

I took the day off to be at the con while the press was there. I didn't get any interviews this time, but one person was interested in interviewing me at a later date. I'll let you know when/if it happens.

Even without my 15 minutes of fame, it was a good day. There was a good amount of press and professional artist walking around, and setting up. I split the table with Larry Christmas and we were holdin' it down. Larry Introduced me to some nice people who work at Simon and Schuster. We also met some fellow artist setting up near by.

We were able to take turns watching the table and walking around. I took a few pics, which you can check out here on my new flickr account.

The doors opened at about 4:00 pm to the public and it got crowded quick. I sold a few sketches that day and saw a lot of friends who I have not seen in over a year. All in all, it was a good start to a great weekend.

I bounced out a bit early as I was exhausted from the long day. I knew Saturday would be the real monster so I needed to be well rested for that.


Today I got in and it was crowded from the jump. I setup quick and kept on the lookout for my buddy Dave Hillman. Larry was back at the crib doing freelance work so Dave came and filled in. He set up quick and we were busy from then on. I really didn't move from my table at all, lol. I spent the whole day drawing and selling books and prints.

I hooked up with a few artists after the con, and then went to the Pop Culture Shock party that was going on. I didn't stay too long as I knew I'd be back up bright and early for Sunday.


Today was more of the same as fans couldn't get enough of the con. I can't blame them tho as it is great to have a con this big on the East Coast. I talked with a few more friends and sold some prints and t-shirts that day. Business was good.

I'm still holding onto the energy I gained from being there. I'm currently doing custom sketches for people who preordered my book. It's helping me keep that energy I gathered from the con. I'll drop a line when the book will be ready online. It should be soon, in the next week or so.

Till next time. Holla.


Post a Comment

<< Home